Since Oxford Dictionaries launched its Oxford Global Languages initiative to build lexical resources for over 100 languages and make them available online, communities around the world - speakers, learners, researchers, developers - have received useful tools to access quality language data on web, mobile and via other digital channels.
Oxford Dictionaries Forum launched in 2017 is a tool that connects communities at one digital meeting point to discuss language problems, ask questions, search for solutions and receive assistance across different language groups.
Digiteum, an official technology partner of Oxford University Press, faced the challenge to build a custom theme at Vanialla platform to address the requirements set for the future language forum. The team used the tools available at Vanilla to configure necessary functionality, extended given Transifex translation capabilities and, as a result, built an engaging forum platform with easy onboarding, practical user experience and powerful communication features.
- Oxford Dictionaries Forum built on custom theme based on Vanilla community platform.
- Multiple language forums unified in a single platform: English, Urdu, Malay, iziZulu, Indonesian, etc.
- Appealing UX and functionality including easy login, varied profile features, smart search, notifications, mentions and in-forum messaging.
- Available digital tool to unite communities and individuals to discuss language problems and enrich language knowledge around the world.
- Long-term collaboration with Digiteum as a reliable web development company and IT service provider.