Repeated patient assessment, management and monitoring involve time and effort-consuming operations. Today, mHealth technology and IoT medical devices are able to automate and simplify routine part of these processes.
NL Colosurv RL medical app for gastroenterology doctors is one of such mHealth solutions. Digiteum has built this mobile app in cooperation with EverywhereIM to provide doctors with an efficient digital tool in contrast to traditional paperform patient assessment.
In short, this mobile app allows to perform automated patient assessment according to the approved guidelines and give advice on readmission, medical follow-up and other procedures to prevent colorectal cancer (CRC).
NL Colosurv RL App operates as a smart questionnaire about patient’s medical history and personal information, such as age, gender, previous diagnoses including cancer-related diseases (colorectal carcinoma, Lynch-associated malignancies), family history, etc.
The questionnaire and calculation of results relies a complex algorithm. This algorithm processes the answers on the go and personalizes following questions in real time to maximize the relevance of the results. In the end, the app provides the results of patient’s assessment and gives an informative advice on when it is best for a patient to make the next visit to a doctor or take a certain medical procedure. Moreover, the app stores a set of colorectal cancer-related content to help doctors access relevant information fast.
All in all, this offline app allows to automate guideline-based patient assessment, manage follow-up and reduce paperwork associated with routine medical check. Most importantly, it contributes to the measures aimed at preventing colorectal cancer.
- Medical app for gastroenterology doctors to automate patient assessment and follow-up.
- Guideline-based questionnaire to register patient's medical history and personal data.
- Algorithm that allows to personalize question flow and produce relevant results.
- Field-specific research content for doctors related to colorectal cancer.
- Digital tool that allows doctors to perform paper-free patient assessment and save time and effort on routine tasks.